People and Networks Matter - Enabling Sustainable Bioeconomy Transition
Save the date!
Conference at 27-28 March 2019, Karlstad University.
Transforming the current economy into a ‘new’ bioeconomy needs changed institutional frameworks at regional and national level, sensitive to and inclusive of place-based knowledge. New innovative products and services continue to emerge, which will further increase the demand for biomass. This transition leads to both an increased demand for land-based biomass and its multiple use. Important questions emerge: How to use the land? How can different interests be combined? Overall, we need a better and nuanced understanding of the societal impacts of this transition in different contexts and for different stakeholders. This conference seeks to better understand the role of people and networks in this transition. The conference is a place for:
• Interaction between practitioners, policy makers and academics
• Joint reflection and development of a roadmap, strategies and policy recommendations to enable smoother transition towards bio-based economies in the Nordic countries
• Practitioners to learn from good business cases and practices
• Networking: Meet businesses, academia & policy makers working for sustainable bioeconomy transition
Key-note speakers from practice and science fields include:
- Dr. Gabriel Henrique Lui, Coordinator of Forest Economy Dpt., Federal Ministry of Environment Brazil.
- Prof. Pekka Leskinen, Head of Bioeconomy Programme, European Forest Institute.
- The Centre for Regional Studies, CRS
Centre coordinator, Sigrid Josefsson
Telephone: 054-700 1101
Save the date now and look out for your invitation with further information during this autumn!
Welcome to Karlstad in March 2019!