IEEE information sessions at the library
The IEEE/IET Electronic Library is a powerful resource which includes journals, conference proceedings, standards and more from IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) delivered via the IEEE Xplore platform.
Join us on December 12 for any or all of these information sessions with Edward Wong, IEEE's Customer Support Representative. In order to sign up for each session, please register via the links:
10.00 Researching with IEEE Xplore
Search like a professional with this overview of best practices for maximising features of the platform, covering advanced search techniques, setting up alerts, downloading equations, finding patent citations, and much more.
13.00 How to get published with IEEE
Increase the visibility of your research and build author credibility by publishing in a leading title. Learn how to identify the best journal or conference for your work and navigate the paper submission and peer review process. Review the required elements and proper structure of a manuscript to avoid reasons why papers may be rejected.
The talks will provide an insight into the following topics:
- Overview of the structure of a scientific article, and methods for improving the writing skills,
- Choosing where to communicate – a conference or a journal? How to decide?
- A review of the editorial process will follow – the “do’s” and “don’ts” during the submission and revision process.
- Possibilities of Open Access publishing with IEEE
- Open discussion on issues faced during the process, suggestions and sharing online resources for further information.
14.00 Inside look at IEEE Standards
Understand the standards development process and status categories. Find standards by keywords or root number, browse standards, and create a real-time alert for IEEE standards updates.
More information/contact: Irina Persson, University library