Quantum Physics II
7.5 ECTS credits
This is a second course in quantum physics, covering topics like many-particle systems, interaction with radiation, and approximation methods. Applications in atomic and molecular physics are discussed in some detail. Laboratory work in spectroscopy is also included in the course.
Progressive specialisation: G2F (has at least 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Undergraduate level
Admission requirements: 45 ECTS credits in Physics, including Introductory Modern Physics 7.5 ECTS credits (or Matter 7.5 ECTS credits) and Quantum Physics I 7.5 ECTS credits, plus 30 ECTS credits in Mathematics, including Linear Algebra 7.5 ECTS credits , Calculus in Several Variables 7.5 ECTS credits, and Complex Analysis and Transforms 7.5 ECTS credits, or equivalent
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
This course is included in the following programme
- Science programme Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics: Physics (studied during year 3)
- Bachelor Programme in Physics (studied during year 3)
- Engineering: Engineering Physics (studied during year 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering Physics (studied during year 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Engineering Physics (studied during year 1)