Current Research Activities: Dislocation-based Fracture Mechanics; Dislocation-based plasticity; Generalized Continua; Engineering Microscopy; Atomistic simulation; Size Effects on Structures.
General Research Interests: Defect Mechanics, Structural Mechanics.
2016-present : Senior Lecturer in Mechanical Engineering, Department of Engineering and Physics, Karlstad University , Sweden.
2012-2016 : Postdoctoral researcher and Lecturer- Department of Civil Engineering, Aalto University , Finland.
2016 ( Jan-Jun ) : Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher- Department of Engineering Science, University of Oxford , UK.
2014-2015 : Visiting Postdoctoral Researcher- School of Engineering, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki , Greece.
Date 2014 University pedagogical training (29 credits), the Strategic Support for Research and Education, Aalto University, Finland.
Date 2011 Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran.
Date 2007 M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Applied Mechanics, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran.
Date 2005 B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Solid Mechanics, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran Polytechnic), Tehran, Iran.
Google Scholar: https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=fOnQMhgAAAAJ&hl=en
Research Gate: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Mahmoud_Mousavi
- Mousavi SM, Aifantis EC, 2016 , Dislocation-based gradient elastic fracture mechanics for in-plane analysis of cracks. International Journal of Fracture 202 (1): 93-110.
- Korsunsky AM, Guénolé J, Salvati E., Sui T. Mousavi SM, A. Prakash, Bitzek E., 2016 , Quantifying eigenstrain distribution induced by focused ion beam damage in silicon. Materials Letters .
- Mousavi SM, Korsunsky AM, 2015 , Non-singular anti-plane fracture theory within nonlocal anisotropic elasticity. Materials and Design , 25: 854-861.
- Mousavi SM Reddy, JN, J. Romanoff, 2016 , Analysis of anisotropic elastic shear gradient deformable plates. Acta Mechanica , DOI 10.1007 / s00707-016-1689-z.
- Mousavi SM, 2016 , Dislocation-based fracture mechanics within nonlocal and gradient elasticity of bi-Helmholtz type-Part I: Anti-Plane Analysis. International Journal of Solids and Structures 87: 222-235.
- Mousavi SM, 2016 , Dislocation-based fracture mechanics within nonlocal and gradient elasticity of bi-Helmholtz type-Part II: Inplane analysis. International Journal of Solids and Structures , 92: 105-120.
- Mousavi SM, Lazar M., 2015 , Distributed dislocation technique for cracks based on non-singular dislocations in nonlocal elasticity. Engineering Fracture Mechanics , 136: 79-95.
- Mousavi SM, J. Paavola, Reddy, JN, 2015 , Variational approach to dynamic analysis of third-order shear deformable plates within gradient elasticity. Meccanica 50: 1537-1550.
- Tahaei Yaghoubi S. Mousavi SM, J. Paavola, 2015 , Strain and velocity gradient theory for higher-order shear deformable beams. Archive of Applied Mechanics , 85: 877-892.
- Mousavi SM, J. Paavola, 2013 , Analysis of Cracked Functionally Graded Piezoelectric Strip, the International Journal of Solids and Structures 50: 2449-2456.