A solid specialist in project management and an expert in Signalling Systems management, combining an academic approach with people management skills in order to reach results. Vast experience within various systems-management, -development, -architecture and proof of concept prototyping as well as technical investigator on e.g. Cloud infrastructure. As a person, I build networks in order to gain insights and experience, share knowhow with others and initiate collaboration between departments, organisations and Universities.
My previous experiences include 10 years as a researcher on hearing technology at Karolinska Institutet. I hold a Ph.D. in Technical Audiology from Karolinska Institutet. I have published over 20 scientific papers and I’m also the inventor a number of patented products.
Career history in brief
Research Project Manager, Karlstad University, 2017-
Managing Signalling System architect, Ericsson, 2005-2017
Senior Signal Processing Specialist, Ericsson, 2003-2005
Speech Processing algorithm designer, Ericsson, 2001-2003
Research Engineer, Karolinska Institutet,1990-2001
Research Engineer, Karolinska Hospital, 1996
Research Associate, Huddinge Hospital,1989-1990
Research Associate, Nobel Institute, KI, 1988-1989
Group Head, Institute of Microcirculation, CAMS,1986-1988
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
I had worked as a system architect/manager/developer on Signaling Systems for over ten years. I had driven, managed and performed a lot of product development activities from the opportunity analysis of the market and competitors, proof of concept and demo, to the product requirements and product implementation.
Research and Standardization
I was much involved in IETF standardization as SCTP SoD (Ericsson Standardization Statement of Direction) owner and a Technical Coordinator for SCTP Robustness and Performance improvements. I was working also as a project manager for Ericsson cooperation with Karlstad University (KaU) on KK Foundation’s Research Profile project.
Recently, I had been setup a Proof of Concept of vEPC NFV (Virtual Evolved Packet Core Network Function Virtualization) on BSP 8100 (Ericsson Blade System Product) based on CEE 16A (Ericsson Cloud Execution Environment), which was demonstrated at Ericsson PPM 2016 (Product Plan Meeting). This was the first vEPC demo on BSP for BSP product validation and deployment, which is a part of Ericsson’s product portfolio now.
System study and investigation
As a system architect/manager/developer, I had driven, managed and performed a lot of system studies and investigations. The outcomes from many of such system studies and investigations leaded to the PoC prototyping activities, which resulted to the product requirements and product implementations contributed to the product development as well as customer’s satisfaction.
Proof of Concept (PoC), Prototyping and Demo
I investigated the Big Data analytics by using open source Hadoop in OpenStack for ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) on Cloud system. I had also achieved to setup a system of Mirantis OpenStack with four Hadoop clusters (Sahara) and testing MapReduce processing capability on the log data. The system could further develop by using HDFS system instead of container for streaming input data type for a live data usage. I had performed a lot of these kinds of Proof of Concept and Demo activities.
Twenty-one (21) peer reviewed publications between 1986 – 2014 concerning my academic research activities. Separated papers are available on request.
1. Cheng Jun, Xiu Rui-juan (1986) "A New Technique for Measurement of Microvascular Vasomotion", Proc. CAMS and PUMC, Vol.1, No.4, 203-207.
2. Cheng Jun, Xiu Rui-juan (1987) "Two Methods for Microvascular Diameter Measurement", National Medical Journal of China, Vol.69, No.3, 169-172. (in Chinese)
3. Cheng Jun, Zhang Jing (1987) "Clinical Microcirculatory Studies", Foreign Medical Information, Vol.8, No.17, 303-305. (in Chinese)
4. Xiu Rui-juan, Cheng Jun, Zhang Jing (1988) "The Improvement of Microvascular Vasomotion by Acupuncture", National Medical Journal of China, Vol.70, No.9, 489-490. (in Chinese)
5. Xiu Rui-juan, Cheng Jun, Ove Berglund (1991) "Microcirculation disturbances in AIDS patients - A first report" Microvascular Research Vol.42, 151-159.
6. Jun Cheng (1993) "Time-frequency signal representation of transient evoked otoacoustic emissions via smoothed pseudo Wigner distribution" Technical Report, Dept. of Technical Audiology, Karolinska Institutet, 129, 1-18.
7. Björn Hagerman, Åke Olofsson, Jun Cheng, Eva Svensson (1995) "Ear muff performance determined by threshold method and by probe microphone method" acta acustica 3, 569-574.
8. Jun Cheng (1995) "Time-frequency analysis of transient evoked otoacoustic emissions via smoothed pseudo Wigner distribution" Scand. Audiol. 24, 91-96
9. Björn Hagerman, Åke Olofsson, Jun Cheng, Eva Svensson (1996) "Ear muff performance in impulsive noise as a function of angle of incidence" Acustica - acta acustica 82, 763-771.
10. Jun Cheng (1998) "Otoacoustic emissions: Measurement, data and interrelations" Acustica - acta acustica 84, 320-328.
11. Jun Cheng (1998) "Spontaneous otoacoustic emission modelling and noise effect on its spectral estimation", Chapter 18 in: Biological Effect of Noise, Advances in Noise Research I, D. Prasher and L. Luxon (eds.), Whurr Publishers Ltd, pp.182-192
12. Jun Cheng (1998) "Spectral estimation of spontaneous otoacoustic emissions" Acustica - acta acustica 84, 712-719.
13. Jun Cheng (1998) "Signal processing approaches on otoacoustic emissions", Proceedings of the Fourth International Conference on Signal Processing, IEEE press, 1612-1615.
14. Jun Cheng (1999) "Estimation of active cochlear nonlinearity by multi-component distortion-product otoacoustic emissions", Acustica - acta acustica, 85, 721-727.
15. Hatzopoulos, S., Cheng, J., Grzanka, A., Morlet, T., and Martini, A. (2000) "Optimization of TEOAE recording protocols -- a linear protocol derived from parameters of a time-frequency analysis: a pilot study on neonatal subjects", Scand. Audiol., 29, 21-27.
16. Hatzopoulos, S., Cheng, J., Grzanka, A., and Martini, A. (2000) "Time-frequency analysis of TEOAE recording from normal and SNHL patients", Audiology, 39, 1-12.
17. Cheng, J. (2000) "Quantifying basilar membrane nonlinearity and the ‘bounce’ phenomenon on the nonlinearity estimated by multi-component DPOAEs", Repro Print, Stockholm, VII pp.1-6.
18. Jun Cheng and Björn Hagerman (2000) "Förbättrade metoder att mäta otoakustiska emissioner till nytta för bedömning av hörselskaderisk", Rådet för arbetslivsforskning, 00XT (Rapporter) 00 543.
19. Jun Cheng (2000) "Signal processing approaches on otoacoustic emissions", Ph.D. dissertation (ISBN 91-628-4058-4), Karolinska Institutet, Stockholm, Sweden.
20. T. Morata, A. Johnson, etc. J. Cheng etc. (2002) "Audiometric fundings in workers exposed to low levels of styrene and noise", Occup Environ Med. 2002; 44:806-814.
21. Karl-Johan Grinnemo, Anna Brunstrom and Jun Cheng (2014) "Using Concurrent Multipath Transfer to Improve the SCTP Startup Behavior for PSTN Signaling Traffic", 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Networking and Applications Workshops, IEEE Computer Society, 2014; 772-778