Dissemination activities for the two Swedish cases studies on innovative social investment for the Innosi project.
National conference with municipal participants on IOP case
A National Conference on Local /Regional Impelmentation of immigrant Integration and sustainable society via cultural policies. "Make it possible" (kulturkonferens 2016 ”Gör det möjligt”), 2016 10 17-18, Skövde, Sverige. Organiser was Swedish Association of Local and Regional Government and it attracted around 200 participants.
Conference presentation of case study on newcomer integration via IOP partnership in Gothenburg is available digitally at: file:///Users/inganarb/Google%20Drive/InnoSI/WP8%20Dissemination_MM%20etc/Dokumentation_%20Kulturkonferens%202016%20-%20Go%CC%88r%20det%20mo%CC%88jligt%20-%20SKL.htm
Seminar for municipal coordinators of newcomers
A seminar for municipal coordinators for newcomer pupils in Jämtland and Västernorrland counties, December 2016, which attracted 10 participants.
Seminar with teachers in middle and north Sweden
Lecture at Karlstad University for teacher competence development programme in Karlstad, November 2016 with 30 participants.
Public lecture as part of competence development course for school teachers and rectors at Mid Sweden University, Sundsvall, November 2016 with 50 participants.
Lecture at a regional conference for local municipal politicians and school directors, Sundsvall, 16-17th of February 2017 with approx. 150 participants.
Local/Regional meeting involved in IOP, sharing study results
A seminar with partnerships representatives to share study results. Gothenburg Municipality, Social Resource Department 16th of September 2016, 25 participants from 10 IOP partnership organisations. (See photo to the right.). Read the full report here (or open document to the right)
Conference for local municpal politicians in Gothenburg, Chalmers, on12th of May: On IOP challenges and sustainability as a trust based governance model in social investment.
Meetings with national representatives
Meeting with SALAR (Swedish association for local and regional governments) and Swedish national Public Procurement on 10th of March 2017.
Book chapter in Swedish/Polish publication
Brismark, Anna & Hulling, Anna (2016) "To see the opportunities - not the barriers. A summary of current Swedish research on the reception of newly arrived students. In Brismark, A., Hulling, A., Konieczna, E., & Pogorzelska, M. (Eds.). (2016) Challenges to social diversity. A map of problems an proposals for “Good practices” Opole: Opole university.
Case Study Summaries
- 21st of June in Gothenburg on IOP challenges and sustainability as a trust based governance model in social investment. An example from reception of asylum seeking minors in Gothenburg city.
- Conference paper for International Conference on Public Policy, Singapore 27-29th of June 2017. Paper: "Renegotiating governance via idea-based public partnerships? An example from reception of asylum seeking minors in Gothenburg city". Paper draft due June 20. Inga Naburtaite Aflaki, Karlstad University.
- Article on case studies for educational journal: An article is inplanning based on the results from the case study " To take advantage of new-arrived pupils’ earlier experiences and knowledge - A Swedish School Reform"
- Article on IOP partnership: Conference paper for EMES - Network, 6th International Research Conference on Social Enterprise, Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium) - July 3-6, 2017, PANEL - Case Studies of Social Investment and Social Innovation Policies. " What makes civil society public partnerships work? An example from reception of asylum seeking minors in Gothenburg city". Cooperation based on the case study. Inga Narbutaite Aflaki, Karlstad University.
- Article on refugee policy implementation for Journal of Social Policy: "Challenging the welfare state: Unaccompanied minor refugees in Sweden and Germany" (Working title). Inga Narbutaite Aflaki, Karlstad University together with Matthias Freise of Muenster.
- National seminar at Almedalen, Gotland, Sweden, with key organisations/umbrella organisations and political actors interested in IOP, 4th of July 201
- Presentation at SKL(Swedish Association of Local Authorities and Regions) of the results from the workshop on Innovative idea-based public partnerships 5th of September 2017.
- Presentation at the national MUCF (Swedish Agency for Youth and Civil Society) seminar "Forskning som förändrar" on 9th of November 2017 in Stockholm.
Closing event 13 oktober
Open Event in Leuven, outside Brussels on October 13. Invited guests from the EU; commisioner Marianne Thyssen, The The Ministry of Health and Social Affairs in Sweden and representatives of the civil society organisaitons, partners of the project and other stakeholders.