6 ECTS credits
Innovations start with ideas. Knowledge of how to create, develop, and select ideas that lead to successful innovations are therefore essential. This course will give you a review of idea management practices, and teaches you how to manage the generation, refinement, and assessment of ideas for both product and service innovations. During the course you will learn from recent research, and facilitate idea management activities yourself in a learning-by-doing methodology.
After the course you will:
1) know the main theories behind idea management,
2) be able to apply methods for idea generation, idea refinement, and assessment,
3) understand and critically reflect about the pros and cons of various methods, and
4) analyse an organisation's idea development process and be able to propose areas of improvement.
The course is also available as open online course.
Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Master's level
Admission requirements: Higher education studies of at least 60 ECTS cr, or equivalent (e.g work experience), three years of work experiences, and upper secondary level Swedish 3 or B, or Swedish as a second language 3 or B and English 6 if the course is taught in Swedish. English 6 or B if the course is taught in English.
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
- Start Spring 2019
- Mode of study Distance
- Language English
- Course code FEAD74
- Application code KAU-32875
- Study pace 25% (Day)
- Study period week 4–23