Graphical User Interfaces
7.5 ECTS credits
The course deals with the design of graphical screen images and user dialogues as well as principles of interface events and window operating systems. The main focus is on the implementation of interface in a computer environment, but also includes aesthetical, social and international perspectives on interface development. There are excercises and laboratory assignments designed to clarify the principles of design and construction of graphical user interfaces based on modern window operating systems. Students work on laboratory assignments in two or more environments to demonstrate the similarities and dissimilarities in practical interface design.
Progressive specialisation: G1F (has less than 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements)
Education level: Undergraduate level
Admission requirements: The course DVGA09 Software Development and Design, 7.5 ECTS cr or DVGA02 Software Development Methodology, 7.5 ECTS cr, or equivalent
Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
This course is included in the following programme
- Study Programme in IT-Design: Software Design (studied during year 1)
- Study Programme in IT-Design: Information Systems Design (studied during year 1)
- Web Developer (studied during year 2)
- Study Programme in Web and Multimedia (studied during year 2)
- Geographic Information Systems Engineering (studied during year 2)
- Bachelor Programme in Computer Science (studied during year 1)
- Engineering: Surveying Technology and Geographical IT (studied during year 2)