Simulation and modelling (7.5 ECTS credits)
Simulation and modelling using numerical methods constitutes an increasing part of an engineer's toolbox. The course treats fundamental finite element methods (FEM) with matrix statics and numeric analysis. The student is introduced in the application of FEM for calculations of strength and deformations in different components. The student will gain knowledge in material modelling as it is an important part in material understanding and a part in the calculation work and interpretation of the FEM result.
- Education level: Master’s level
- Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: Mechanical Engineering 75 ECTS Credits, including 15 ECTS Credits in courses in materials engineering, solid state mechanics 7.5 ECTS Credits, and linear algebra 7.5 ECTS Credits, or the equivalent.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
|Course evaluation analysis|
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, spec. in Materials Engineering (Year of study: 4)
- Master Programme in Mechanical Engineering with specialisation in Materials Engineering (Year of study: 1)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Mechanical Engineering, specialisation in Materials Engineering (Year of study: 1)