Engineering Design (7.5 ECTS credits)
Fundamental engineering design contains several parts. Accomplishment of new products is relying on knowledge of commonly used machine components (gears, joints, bearings, etc) plus an ability to outline new or variants of existing components. The products need also to be presented in an image, layout sketch or drawing, for which computer-based tools are used. The course gives an introduction to ordinarily used machine components in engineering design, design as a part in an industrial product development process and training in computerized aided design (CAD).
- Education level: Undergraduate level
- Progressive specialisation: G1F (has less than 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: Mechanics 7.5 ECTS cr and Solid Mechanics 7.5 ECTS cr
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
|Term||Mode of study||Type of course||Application**|
|Spring -13||Campus||50%, day||Closed|
|Spring -14||Campus||50%, day||Closed|
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Engineering: Industrial Engineering and Management (Year of study: 3)
- Engineering: Mechanical Engineering, spec. in Materials Engineering (Year of study: 2)