Linear Algebra (7.5 ECTS credits)
The course treats: Systems of linear equations, vector spaces, the concepts of linear dependent/independent of sets of vectors, basis and dimension of a vector space, matrices of real numbers, determinants, rang of a matrix, scalar product, the producing of orthogonal sets from a given finite set of linearly independent vectors in a vector space of finite dimension, change of bases, eigenvectors and eigenvalues, diagonalization of matrices, orthogonal matrices, quadratic forms, curves of degree 2 in the Euclidean plane and surfaces of degree 2 in the Euclidean space with dimension 3.
- Education level: Undergraduate level
- Progressive specialisation: G1F (has less than 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: Elementary Algebra (MAGA03)
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Mathematics Programme (Year of study: 1)
- Programme in Business and Economics (Year of study: 3)
- Mathematics, Business Administration and Economics (Year of study: 1)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Environmental and Energy Engineering (Year of study: 1)