Pulp, paper, surface treatment and graphic technology (15 ECTS credits)
The aim of the course involves students gaining insight into production and use of pulp and paper. Coating, calendering and printing are treated along with the process equipment of pulping and paper making. The relation between raw material, process and product properties are important aspects of the course. Different testing methods for characterizing pulp and paper and printed materials are introduced.
- Education level: Master’s level
- Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: 6 terms of the programme Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Chemical Engineering; or a Bachelor's degree in chemistry or chemical engineering; or the equivalent.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Engineering: Industrial Engineering and Management (Year of study: 4)
- Engineering: Chemical Engineering (Year of study: 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Chemical Engineering (Year of study: 1)
- Chemical Engineering (Year of study: 3)