Biochemistry (15 ECTS credits)
The course provides further insight into central aspects of biochemistry: principles of catalysis and the control of biochemical reactions. Metabolic reactions and their control. Conversion and storage of energy in cell breathing and photosynthesis. Biochemical reactions in connection with replication, recombination and expression of genes and their applications in recombinant DNA techniques.
- Education level: Undergraduate level
- Progressive specialisation: G2F (has at least 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: Completed courses in chemistry totalling 30 ECTS cr, including at least 5 ECTS cr in biochemistry or biotechnology and at least 5 ECTS cr in organic chemistry or equivalent. In addition, a completed course of at least 5 ECTS cr in one of the following major fields of study is required: chemistry, biomedicine or biology.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
|Term||Mode of study||Type of course||Application**|
|This course is not planned for the next period|
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Science programme Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics: Chemistry (Year of study: 2)