The organization of regions in space-time (7.5 ECTS credits)
Regional organisation in Europe and Sweden have had different functions from the Middle Ages and onwards. This course focuses on the process of regional building during the time period and discuss the roles that these regions have played in relation to both national and local levels. The ways to control and organize regions during history and today are discussed as well as comparative research perspectives concerning authority and the distribution of power in a regional frame. Administrative organization and issues of education policies also play their part in this course.
- Education level: Master’s level
- Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
General requirements for admisssion to Master-level studies.
- Upper secondary level Swedish B/ Sw 2 B and English A, or equivalent
- Programme students: Bachelor's degree 180 ECTS cr totalling at least 180 ECTS cr with a Major in History, Human Geography, Political Science, Sociology, Social Work, Social Care, or equivalent. An alternative to Human Geography can be Tourism Studies, Environmental Science or GIS engineering degree, all on condition that the studies have an emphasis on social science. An alternative to Social Work/Social Care can be professional qualifications in Social Work or Social Care.
Non-programme students:First-cycle courses in social and political science totalling at least 120 ECTS, of which 90 ECTS cr including a degree thesis of 15 ECTS cr in one of the following subjects: History, Human Geography, Social Work, Social Care, Sociology, Political Science, Tourism or Environmental Science with an emphasis on social science, or a degree in engineering in GIS with an emphasis on social science.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Master Programme in Region Building (Year of study: 2)