Quantum Physics II (7.5 ECTS credits)
This is a second course in quantum physics, covering topics like many-particle systems, interaction with radiation, and quantum statistics. Applications in atomic and molecular physics are discussed in some detail. Laboratory work in spectroscopy is also included in the course.
- Education level: Undergraduate level
- Progressive specialisation: G2F (has at least 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: Physics 45 ECTS cr and Mathematics 30 ECTS cr, including Quantum Physics I, Linear Algebra and Mathematical Physics I, or equivalent.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
|Term||Mode of study||Type of course||Application**|
|Autumn -13||Campus||50%, day||Closed|
|Autumn -14||Campus||50%, day||Closed|
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Nano Materials (Year of study: 1)
- Science programme Physics/Chemistry/Mathematics: Physics (Year of study: 3)
- Bachelor Programme in Physics (Year of study: 3)
- Engineering: Engineering Physics (Year of study: 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Engineering Physics (Year of study: 1)