Advanced Quantum Mechanics (7.5 ECTS credits)
This is an advanced level quantum mechanics course. The aim of the course is that the students acquire in-depth knowledge about the foundations of quantum mechanics, as well as skills in applying quantum mechanics in advanced problems. The course treats non-relativistic quantum mechanics, including topics like quantum dynamics, symmetries in quantum mechanics, approximation methods, and scattering theory.
- Education level: Master’s level
- Progressive specialisation: A1F (has second‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: Mathematics 45 ECTS cr., Physics 90 ECTS cr., including the course Quantum Physics I, or eqivalent.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
|Term||Mode of study||Type of course||Application**|
|Autumn -13||Campus||50%, day||Cancelled|
|Autumn -14||Campus||50%, day||Closed|
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Engineering: Engineering Physics (Year of study: 5)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Engineering Physics (Year of study: 2)