Human Resources and Development (7.5 ECTS credits)
The point of departure for the course is the historical development from Industrial Relations to Human Resource Management (HRM) in the light of contemporary employment trends, employment and unemployment patterns in Europe. Different HRM-strategies, models and tools are presented and related to work in service organizations and service context. Strategic HRM, different HR-roles and cultural diversity resulting in different national approaches to HR-issues are discussed. Aside from this practical HR tools such as recruitment, reward management, organisational design for the everyday work in the service firm will be presented and used in case studies and assignments.
- Education level: Master’s level
- Progressive specialisation: A1N (has only first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
Business Administration 90 ECTS cr, including at least 30 ECTS cr at G2F-level or higher. Upper Secondary English 6, English B, or equivalent.
At least 60 ECTS credits from Master Programme with a Profile in Service Science (SAMSS) or equivalent. Upper Secondary English 6, English B, or equivalent.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Master Programme in Business Administration: Service Management (Year of study: 1)
- Master Programme in Service Marketing and Management (one year) (Year of study: 1)
- Master Programme in Service Marketing and Management (Year of study: 1)