Introduction to Three-Phase Systems, Electrical Machines and Transformers (10 ECTS credits)
Three-phase alternating current, active and reactive power, phase compensation. The transformer. Power semiconductors, rectifiers, inverters, frequency converters. Synchronous, asynchronous, and direct-current machinery. The control of electrical machines. Electrical plants and installations. The production, transmission, and distribution of electrical power. The risks of electricity.
- Education level: Undergraduate level
- Progressive specialisation: G1F (has less than 60 credits in first‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: The course ELGA01 (Circuit Analysis), 7.5 ECTS cr or equivalent
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
|Term||Mode of study||Type of course||Application**|
|Spring -13||Campus||33%, day||Closed|
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
|Course evaluation analysis|