Functional materials (7.5 ECTS credits)
Functional materials are materials that are intentionally made for specific mechanical, electronic, photonic, chemical, medical or biological functions. The course deals with inorganic as well as organic (molecular) materials and focuses on physical and chemical material properties and surface properties, as well as phenomena caused by structuring on the nanoscale. Moreover, technical applications of functional materials are discussed. The course contains a number of larger practical parts, where the student prepares and characterizes materials.
- Education level: Master’s level
- Progressive specialisation: A1F (has second‐cycle course/s as entry requirements) More about Progressive specialization.
- Admission requirements: Physics, 60 ECTS credits, with passing grades in quantum physics and solid-state physics, or equivalent courses. Mathematics, 40 ECTS credits.
- Selection: Selection is usually based on your grade point average from upper secondary school or the number of credit points from previous university studies, or both.
The course begins:
* The literature list may change before the start of the course.
** The online application service at antagning.se opens about one month before application deadline.
This course is included in the following programme(s):
- Nano Materials (Year of study: 1)
- Engineering: Engineering Physics (Year of study: 4)
- Master of Science in Engineering, Degree Programme in Engineering Physics (Year of study: 1)